Russia & Coronavirus: Business Updates
Россия и Коронавирус: Бизнес Обновления
Last updated March 30.
Глобальные вспышки вируса Covid-19: координация ваших бизнес-операций из дома. Читать здесь
Current Russia Coronavirus Updates
- Cases in Russia have now risen to 1,836.
- Cases in Russia have risen to 1,534, with over 1,000 of these in Moscow. The capital is now in lockdown and the entire country has now closed all borders. Other cities are also considering a complete lockdown for residents, including Murmansk. The Russian Church has also advised worshippers to stay at home.
- Russia has confirmed 196 new Covid-19 infections on Thursday, bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 1,036. The total number of deaths has risen to four.
- Sberbank and VTB with backing from the Central Bank will launch a pilot business loan program that offers six-month, 0% interest loans to businesses to help them pay employee salaries during the coronavirus crisis.
- Cases in Russia have risen to 840. The country has now suspended all international flights and ordered the closure of all shops except for food and medical supplies.
- The number of cases in Russia has nearly tripled overnight to Wednesday 25th with a huge increase to 658. This is because Moscow changed the way it counts its coronavirus cases, with patients considered coronavirus-positive now upon a single positive test rather than having samples sent to a lab in Novosibirsk for further verification.
- Russia cases have risen to 495. The majority of these have occurred from Russians flying in from Europe. The country has now suspended flights incoming from most EU nations.
- Russia confirmed 71 new coronavirus infections today (Monday), bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 438.
- Russian cases leap to 367 by Sunday.
- Cases in Russia now rise to 199. The Russian government has announced a “high alert” status for all 85 of its regions, requiring the entire country to take anti-coronavirus measures including banning large gatherings, moving schools to online classes and encouraging working from home.
- First Covid-19 death reported, an elderly lady in Moscow with serious underlying existing illnesses.
A map of the current situation in Russia can be seen below, courtesy of the Moscow Times.
- The number of infections in Russia has seen a sizable increase to 147. Of these, 98 are in Moscow, 10 in St.Petersburg and the remainder single cases across the country.
- Cases rise in 114.
- Covid-19 cases rise to 93. Foreign nationals are barred from entering Russia until 1st May excepting diplomats and special cases – please check on latest restrictions before planning any travel. All major sporting events have been cancelled.
- Russia has now closed all its borders excepting those with Azerbaijan and Finland.
- Russia has closed its border with Belarus.
- 63 cases now confirmed with additional incidents in Kemorovo.
Russian Railways announced it would stop international passenger trains from Moscow to Berlin and Paris, in addition to suspending train connections to and from Ukraine, Moldova and Latvia.
- Russian cases rise to 59, closes its borders with Poland and Norway.
- Russian cases reported now up to 34. There are 18 cases in Moscow, with others in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Belgorod, Lipetsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Tyumen, Krasnodar and Chita
- About 100 Chinese students in Moscow will be deported from Russia because they violated their self-quarantine orders.
- Russia infections rise to 28, all had recently visited Italy.Russia will suspend most flights to and from Italy, Germany, France and Spain over the coronavirus outbreak, commencing from Friday 13th March, Russia’s coronavirus crisis center has said. Russia will also stop issuing tourist visas to Italian citizens to prevent further spreading of the virus until further notice.
- 1,000 people placed under quarantine after tracking movements of a returning, infected Russian from Italy. Moscow to build and have ready a US$135 million Covid-19 specific hospital on edge of Moscow.
- Moscow has banned large events of more than 5,000 people for the next month, until April 10th in a move to prevent the spread of the virus, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said in a decree. The ban applies to “sports, entertainment, public and other mass events.”
- 20 cases confirmed, latest all Russian citizens who recently returned from Italy. Moscow plans for city shut down “if required”, St. Petersburg students quarantined in dormitories.
- The annual St.Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) due to be held in June has been postponed until 2021 as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, the organisers Roscongress have confirmed.
- The Moscow City Mayor has issued a “High Alert” and stated that individuals, and employers employing individuals who have entered Russia from China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Germany & Spain must inform the authorities of their whereabouts and self quarantine for 14 days. It is understood that the UK, Switzerland, Norway and United States are about to be included on this list. Russian airlines who have sold tickets on these routes will offer full refunds for any cancellations.
The Moscow hotline for assistance with cases of suspected Covid-19 is +7 495 870 4509.
- An imported Coronvirus case has been reported, a returning Russian national in Moscow who had visited Italy.
- An interesting article about Facemask production and distribution in St.Petersburg from Fontanka here.
- Second Chinese patient recovers and is discharged from hospital in Chita. No additional cases reported.
- Seoul reports that the North Korean city of Sinuiju, close to the border with China has multiple deaths, and that infections in North Korea could escalate. The North Korean border with Russia has been closed.
- China Factory re-opening schedule, map of national dates here. Russian businesses needing updates or assistance on the situation in China may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many businesses in Asia are running out of supplies from China due to the problems. Russian businesses with Chinese suppliers need to know when China factories will return to work. Some factories return next Monday, 9th February, others are still in lock down. If you need clarifications on the factory opening situation in China, email us at email@example.com and we will liaise with our China colleagues to obtain answers.
Sourcing and supply manufacturers in China may not be able to meet delivery schedules to Russia. This could mean Force Majeure clauses need to be implemented. Our article Coronavirus In China: Applicability Of Force Majeure provides advise and protocols to follow.
- Russia working with China to develop vaccine, screening of passengers stepped up at airports.
- Sochi Investment Forum, due to be held in March, has been postponed.
- Country to deport all foreign nationals found with Coronavirus.
- Russia closes complete border with China, suspends all rail services except direct Moscow-Beijing Trans-Siberian route.
- Two patients are coronavirus positive in the Baikal and Tyumen regions.
- Russia has barred Chinese tour groups from entering the country.
- Far East Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea have closed their borders with China.
Russia Briefing is written by Dezan Shira & Associates. The firm has 28 offices throughout Eurasia, including China, Russia, India, and the ASEAN nations, assisting foreign investors into the Eurasian region. Through our membership of the Leading Edge Alliance, we also have partner firms throughout Africa and have numerous Russian and African clients. For enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.dezshira.com