Russia & Coronavirus: Business Updates
Россия и Коронавирус: Бизнес Обновления
Last updated March 1.
Глобальные вспышки вируса Covid-19: координация ваших бизнес-операций из дома. Читать здесь
Current Russia Coronavirus Updates
- Russia confirmed 11,571 new coronavirus cases and 333 deaths today overnight from Sunday. Around 4 million Russians have been vaccinated against the coronavirus so far, according to Russia’s Health Ministry. The country has confirmed 4,257,650 cases of coronavirus and 86,455 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 12,604 new coronavirus cases and 337 deaths overnight from Sunday, bringing the total number of cases to 4,177,330 with 83,630 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 13,233 new coronavirus cases and 459 deaths overnight from Monday, making a total of 4,099,323 cases of coronavirus and 80,979 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 15,089 new coronavirus cases and 507 deaths overnight, with a total of 4,042,837 cases of coronavirus and 79,194 deaths since the pandemic began. The overall trend of infections continues to show a sharp decline.
- Russia confirmed 15,916 new coronavirus cases and 407 deaths overnight from Sunday, with a total of 3,983,197 cases of coronavirus and 77,068 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 16,688 new coronavirus cases and 527 deaths overnight, bringing a total of Russia has confirmed 3,934,606 cases of coronavirus and 75,732 deaths. The overall infection trend has been de-creasing since the beginning of the year. Russia will resume flights with Armenia and Azerbaijan starting February 15, while rail connections to and from Minsk will resume from February 8.
- Russia confirmed 17,648 new coronavirus cases and 437 deaths overnight from Sunday, with a total of 3,868,087 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 73,619 deaths.
Cases have been trending down since the beginning of the year.
- Russia confirmed 19,238 new coronavirus cases and 534 deaths overnight from Thursday, meaning there has been a total of 3,813,048 cases of coronavirus and 72,185 deaths.
All Russian universities will be allowed to resume in-person classes starting February 8, according to a decree issued by Russia’s Ministry of Science and Higher Education today.Russia has resumed flights with Finland, India, Qatar and Vietnam from January 27 and will resume flights with Greece and Singapore from February 8. Russian authorities on Tuesday said mass production of its second coronavirus vaccine would begin next month and that a third homemade jab is currently in the process of undergoing registration approvals.
- Russia confirmed 18,241 new coronavirus cases and 564 deaths overnight, for a pandemic total of 3,756,931 cases of coronavirus and 70,482 deaths. Hungary, Malaysia, Mexico and the UAE have all placed orders for Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine.
- Russia confirmed 21,887 new coronavirus cases and 612 deaths overnight, and now has confirmed 3,655,839 cases of coronavirus and 67,832 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 22,857 new coronavirus cases and 471 deaths overnight from Sunday, resulting in a Russian total of 3,591,066 cases of coronavirus and 66,037 deaths.Russia’s republic of Bashkortostan, between the Volga River and Ural Mountains, is set to become the first region to introduce immunity passports for residents with Covid-19 antibodies starting February, Bashkortostan Governor Radiy Khabirov has stated.
- Russia confirmed 24,715 new coronavirus cases and 555 deaths overnight, bringing a total confirmed 3,520,531 cases of coronavirus and 64,495 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 23,315 new coronavirus cases and 436 deaths overnight from Sunday, providing a total of 3,425,269 cases of coronavirus and 62,273 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 23,541 new coronavirus cases and 506 deaths overnight, bringing the total to 3,332,142 cases of coronavirus and 60,457 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 23,351 new coronavirus cases and 482 deaths overnight from Sunday. Russia has now confirmed 3,260,138 cases of coronavirus and 58,988 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 27,747 new coronavirus cases and 593 deaths overnight from Wednesday. In total, Russia has confirmed 3,159,297 cases of coronavirus and 57,019 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 27,787 new coronavirus cases and 487 deaths overnight from Sunday, and now has a total of 3,078,035 cases of coronavirus and 55,265 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 28,776 new coronavirus cases and 561 deaths overnight from Tuesday, bringing the total number of reported cases to 2,906,503 cases of coronavirus and 51,912 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 28,552 new coronavirus cases and 611 deaths overnight from Thursday, bringing a total of 2,791,220 cases of coronavirus and 49,762 deaths. Moscow residents working in the industrial sector and transportation as well as journalists will be eligible to receive Russia’s Sputnik V shot starting this coming Monday.
- Russia confirmed 26,509 new coronavirus cases and 596 deaths overnight from Wednesday, and has recorded a total of 2,734,454 cases of coronavirus and 48,564 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 27,328 new coronavirus cases and 450 deaths overnight from Monday. This brings Russia’s total to 2,681,256 cases of coronavirus and 47,391 deaths.
Moscow municipal workers as well as residents working in the culture and service sectors have been receiving Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine since yesterday.
- Russia confirmed 27,927 coronavirus cases and 562 deaths overnight from Thursday, and now has a total of 2,569,126 cases of coronavirus and 45,280 deaths.
- Russia has confirmed 26,190 coronavirus cases and 559 deaths overnight in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases in the country since the pandemic began to 2,541,199 cases of coronavirus and 44,718 deaths. Recipients of Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine should abstain from alcohol for three days after each of the required two injections, according to the head of the Gamaleya Research Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology.
- Russia confirmed 28,142 coronavirus cases and 456 deaths overnight from yesterday (Sunday December 6). This brings the total number of cases in Russia to 2,488,912 cases of coronavirus with 43,597 deaths. The maximum price of Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine will be set at 1,942 rubles (US$26), the state-run Interfax news agency reported on Saturday. Russian citizens will be able to receive the homegrown vaccine for free.
- Russia confirmed 27,403 coronavirus cases and 569 deaths overnight from Thursday (yesterday). Moscow will start vaccinating at-risk groups against the coronavirus this weekend, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said yesterday. Online booking for health workers, teachers and social service workers deemed at higher risk of severe infection has opened today.
The total number of Covid-19 cases in Russia is 2,402,949, resulting in 42,176 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 26,338 new coronavirus cases and 368 deaths overnight to today (Tuesday), and now has a total confirmed 2,295,654 cases of coronavirus and 39,895 deaths. Universities in Moscow and St. Petersburg will switch students to remote learning until early February to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Russia has confirmed a record-breaking new daily infection rate of 25,487 coronavirus cases and 524 deaths overnight from Thursday (November 26). Moscow has further extended measures aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus, and these will be in place during the Orthodox Christmas and New Year period until January 15. These include a self-isolation order for all residents aged 65 and older and the requirement for 30% of all businesses’ employees to work remotely. Russia currently has a total of 2,187,990 cases of coronavirus and 38,062 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 23,675 Covid-19 cases and a new record of 507 deaths overnight (Wednesday), and now has a total number of 2,162,503 of Covid-19 cases, and recorded 37,538 deaths from the disease.
- Russia confirmed a new daily high of 24,318 new coronavirus cases and 461 deaths in the past 24 hours. In total, Russia has confirmed 2,039,926 cases of coronavirus and 35,311 deaths.
- Russia confirmed a new one-day record of 21,983 coronavirus cases overnight from yesterday (Thursday November 12). It now has a total of 1,880,551 cases of coronavirus and recorded 32,443 deaths from the virus.
- Russia confirmed 19,851 new coronavirus cases yesterday (Tuesday), ending a five-day streak of new cases surpassing 20,000. To date Russia has confirmed 1,836,960 cases of coronavirus and 31,593 deaths. Moscow will order all bars, restaurants, clubs and other nighttime establishments to close between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. in order to slow the spread of coronavirus. The order will be valid from November 13 through until January 15, 2021, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin stated. Students at city universities and colleges in Moscow will be switched to remote learning, Sobyanin said.
- Russia has confirmed 18,257 new coronavirus cases overnight, and 238 additional deaths. The national total since the pandemic began is now 1,655,038 cases and 28,473 deaths.
- Russia announced 18,283 Covid-19 cases today (Friday),bringing its official number of cases to 1,599,976 and setting a new one-day record for new daily infections. In the past 24 hours, 355 people have died.
- Russia has confirmed another 16,550 Covid-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing its official number of cases to 1,547,774. A record 320 people have died in the past 24 hours. A nationwide mask-wearing mandate starts from tomorrow (Wednesday October 28).
- Russia has confirmed 17,340 new Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours to Friday 23rd October, bringing its official number of cases to 1,480,646 and setting a new record for one-day infections. A total of 283 people have died in the past 24 hours from a national total of 25,525 since the pandemic began.A device that tests for the coronavirus based on the sound of a cough could appear at Russian airports in the next few months, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.Senior Russian healthcare professionals have stated that they expect Russia’s number of daily Covid-19 infections to peak at 20,000 before stabilizing within the next two weeks.
- Russia reported 15,099 new Covid-19 cases yesterday (Sunday), bringing its official number of cases to 1,399,334. This is a rise of over three times the daily new infections of 4,828 new cases being reported two months ago.
- Russia confirmed 13,592 new Covid-19 cases today (Monday), bringing its official number of cases to 1,312,310.
- Russia has confirmed 11,615 new Covid-19 cases Tuesday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 1,237,504. Tuesday’s increase is just 41 fewer than the country’s highest daily total of 11,656 recorded on May 11. Moscow reopened two temporary hospitals for coronavirus patients yesterday.
- Russia announced 9,412 new Covid-19 cases today (Friday), bringing the country’s official number of cases to 1,194,643 as the number of new infections across the country continues to rise.
- Russia has confirmed 1,176,286 cases of coronavirus and 20,722 deaths. 8,481 new Covid-19 cases were reported in the past 24 hours as strong signs of a second wave increase.
- Moscow has asked resident businesses to reinstate work-from-home measures and for elderly residents to avoid going outside from next Monday as the city sees a new uptick in coronavirus cases, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said today. Moscow, with a population of 12.7 million is one of the largest cities in Europe, and confirmed more than 1,000 Covid-19 cases for the first time in three months yesterday. Hospitalizations in the Russian capital have gone up by 30% in the past week, according to officials.
Overall, as at today, Russia has confirmed 1,128,836 cases of coronavirus and 19,948 deaths, and confirmed 6,595 new Covid-19 cases yesterday.
- Russia has confirmed 1,122,241 cases of coronavirus and 19,79 deaths, with 6,431 new Covid-19 cases reported overnight to Wednesday (12th). The number of new infections across the country continues to rise.
- Russia has confirmed 1,103,399 cases of coronavirus and 19,418 deaths. There were 6,148 new Covid-19 cases reported Sunday (20th).
- Russia has confirmed 1,041,007 cases of coronavirus and 18,135 deaths, with 5,218 new coronavirus infections on Wednesday.
- Russia’s confirmed 5,099 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 1,035,789. This is the fifth consecutive day that more than 5,000 new infections have been recorded.
- Russia has confirmed 1,025,505 cases of coronavirus and 17,820 deaths, with a tick up of 5,195 new coronavirus infections overnight on Sunday.
- Russia has confirmed 1,005,000 cases of coronavirus and 17,414 deaths. The country confirmed another 4,952 new coronavirus infections on Wednesday, an uptick on recent infection rates sparking fears a second wave may be emerging.
- Russia has confirmed 975,576 cases of Covid-19 and 16,804 deaths. There were 4,711 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours. This means Russia is expected to reach 1 million infections sometime next week. A second wave is also presumed likely, with parents reluctant to purchase new school clothes for the new academic year (1st September) as many feel children will be locked down again from home schooling by October.
- Russia has confirmed 961,493 cases of coronavirus and 16,448 deaths. The country confirmed 4,744 new coronavirus infections Monday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 961,493. However we are hearing unconfirmed yet credible reports from Moscow that patients testing positive for Covid-19 are then being reassessed and being noted as negative.
- Russia has confirmed 937,321 cases of coronavirus and 15,989 deaths. 4,828 new coronavirus infections were announced over the 24 hours from Wednesday to Thursday (today).
- Russia today has confirmed 932,493 cases of coronavirus and 15,872 deaths. There were 4,748 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours.
- Russia has confirmed 912,823 cases of coronavirus and 15,498 deaths. Russia had 5,065 new coronavirus infections in the 24 hours to Friday 14.
- Russia has confirmed 902,701 cases of coronavirus and 15,260 deaths, and confirmed another 5,102 new coronavirus infections within the past 24 hours.
- Russia has confirmed 897,599 cases of coronavirus and 15,131 deaths. The country confirmed 4,945 new coronavirus infections in the 24 hours to Tuesday. Russia has registered the world’s first coronavirus vaccine today.
- Russia has confirmed 877,135 cases of coronavirus and 14,725 deaths. The country confirmed 5,241 new coronavirus infections overnight to Friday.
- Russia has confirmed 871,894 cases of coronavirus and 14,606 deaths. The country confirmed 5,267 new coronavirus infections in the 24 hours from Wednesday (yesterday) morning.
- Russia has confirmed 823,515 cases of coronavirus and 13,504 deaths, confirming another 5,395 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday. The European Union won’t open its borders to Russian citizens until at least mid-August, according to an EU member states’ delegation. The EU is revising its “white list” of permitted travelers every two weeks. International flights to Britain, Turkey and Tanzania commence from August 1st.
- Russia has confirmed 818,120 cases of coronavirus and 13,354 deaths. New daily infections are running at about the 5,500 mark, with very small signs of a downwards trend.
- Russia confirmed 5,940 new coronavirus infections overnight, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 777,486. Daily infection rates are slowly decreasing.
- Russia has confirmed 739,947 cases of coronavirus and 11,614 deaths. New daily infection rates are slowly decreasing and amounted to 6,200 overnight. Russian immigration has announced that there will be checks on arriving international passengers when borders reopen, those with no symptoms will not face self-isolation and will be free to move around.The country is considering the resumption of international flights
- Russia has confirmed 727,162 cases of coronavirus and 11,335 deaths as at Monday July 13. New daily infections continue to be around the 6,500 mark and have been the past three weeks.
- Russia has confirmed 700,792 cases of coronavirus and 10,667 deaths. Daily new infections have continued to be about the 6,500 mark for the past two weeks with no sign of these declining at yet.
- Russia has confirmed 681,251 cases of coronavirus and 10,161 deaths. New daily infections remain about the 6,500 level.
- Russia has reported 641,156 cases of coronavirus infection reported as at June 30th and 9,166 deaths. Current daily infection rates are averaging about 6,700.
- There have been 641,156 cases of coronavirus infection reported in Russia so far and 9,166 deaths. Daily new infection rates remain around 6,500 to 7,000.
- There have been 606,881 cases of coronavirus infection reported in Russia so far and 8,513 deaths. New daily infection rates, which have reached as high as 12,000 are now at slightly below the 7,500 mark for the first time since April.
- Russia confirmed 7,728 new coronavirus infections on Saturday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 584,680. It is the third most affected country globally after the United States and Brazil.
- There have been 553,301 cases of coronavirus infection reported in Russia so far and 7,478 deaths.
- There have been 502,436 cases of coronavirus infection reported in Russia so far and 6,532 deaths. There were 8,779 new coronavirus infections Thursday, meaning the virus is still spreading.
- Meanwhile, Moscow has ended its self-isolation orders — including its digital pass system and schedule system for taking walks outside. The city also released a schedule of which restrictions will be lifted over the next few weeks.
- Almost 60% more people in Moscow died last month (May) than the city’s average toll for the past three years, the city health department stated as questions continue to swirl around Russia’s low coronavirus death figures and the continuing high daily infection rate.
- There have been 493,657 cases of coronavirus infection reported in Russia so far and 6,358 deaths. Restrictions on staff going to work have been lifted.
- Russia confirmed 8,985 new coronavirus infections today (Monday), bringing the country’s official number of cases to 476,658.
- The Mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin has stated that the city is expected to lift restrictions imposed during the Covid-19 outbreak from July 1st. Russia has reported 441,108 cases and 5,384 deaths.
- There have been 414,878 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 4,855 deaths.
- There have been 405,843 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 4,693 deaths. Moscow is starting to reopen from today, with all non-food shops and some service sector businesses available for business. The city will also test lifting restrictions on walks outside using a schedule system for apartment buildings and all parks except for Zaryadye Park will re-open.
- There have been 362,342 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 3,807 deaths. Media reports suggest the rate of infections is now slowing, although Russian President Putin has warned of a potential resurgence in the Autumn.
- Russia’s Coronavirus infection and death rates are starting to flatten out but still remain serious. There have been 335,882 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia as at May 25 and 3,388 deaths.
- There are now 252,245 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia, and 2,305 deaths. We are hearing unofficial comments from reputable sources within Russia that the continuing outbreak in the country is expected to last until the Autumn.
- Russia confirmed 10,899 new coronavirus infections on May 12th, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 232,243. Russia is now the third most-affected country in terms of infections and has the world’s second-fastest rate of new infections behind the United States.
- Despite reporting more than 10,000 new cases a day for over a week, President Vladimir Putin on Monday announced that a “non-working” period in place for six weeks would be lifted from Tuesday. A lockdown in Moscow, the epicenter of the crisis in Russia, remains in place until the end of May, however some restrictions are being lifted.
- Some 500,000 employees of companies involved in industry and construction are now permitted to return to work, though authorities have now made it mandatory to wear masks and gloves in shops and on public transport.
- There is some good news: Russia’s reported mortality rate is much lower compared to other European countries hit hard by the pandemic, with 107 new deaths and 2,116 dead from the coronavirus as of Tuesday. Authorities say this is because Russia moved quickly to close its borders and isolate those at risk, convert hospitals to treating virus patients and launch a vast campaign to test and quarantine those infected.
- Russia confirmed 11,231 new coronavirus infections Thursday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 177,160 and marking a new one-day record rise in infections. Russia is now the fifth most-affected country in terms of infections, surpassing Germany and France on Thursday.
- Russian Covid-19 cases surged by 10,559 over the past 24 hours, bringing the national count to 165,929, the country’s coronavirus crisis response centre has announced.
- It is the fourth consecutive day that cases have risen by more than 10,000. The crisis response centre also reported 86 new coronavirus deaths, meaning the death toll in Russia has reached 1,537.
- Coronavirus cases in Russia continue to rise, with 99,399 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 972 deaths. Just over 50% of all cases are in Moscow. The country has ‘indefinately’ extended a ban on foreign nationals entering Russia.
- There have been 93,558 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 867 deaths. President Vladimir Putin has extended the national “non-working” month through until May 11, warning that Russia has yet to see the peak of its coronavirus outbreak.
- There have been 87,147 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 794 deaths. Russia has now surpassed China to become the world’s ninth most-affected country amid the pandemic. Meanwhile, the head of Russia’s consumer health watchdog has stated that self-isolation should be in force until at least the middle of May.
- There are now 62,773 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia, and 555 deaths. 21 Russian regions have requested permission to produce digital travel passes a week after coronavirus-hit Moscow enacted its system to enforce lockdown measures and slow the deadly outbreak, the Communications and Press Ministry has stated. These are issued to individuals who show no signs of infection and who have been verified as virus free after passing the appropriate medical tests.
- There are now 62,773 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia, and 555 deaths.
- There have been 52,763 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far. This updated map from the Moscow Times illustrates the spread.
- Moscow is in complete lockdown, citizens must obtain a digital ID pass to be seen on the streets.
- There have been 47,121 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia as at April 20th, and 405 deaths. Aeroflot, the Russian airline, has suspended all international flight ticket bookings until August 1st, while the May 9th annual parade to celebrate the WWII victory of Nazism – to which US President Donald Trump had been invited – has been cancelled.
- Over 2 million Russians have now been screened for the virus.
- There have been 24,490 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 198 deaths.
- Russia now has 18,328 cases of Covid-19 and 148 deaths. Additional lock down measures are in place until April 19 with all nonessential business and activity suspended. Grocery stores and pharmacies will stay open, and only the government, hospitals, protective gear manufacturers and the defense sector will continue to work. All construction and maintenance work is suspended, as are car-sharing services. Moscow will introduce a digital pass system to allow residents to leave their homes this week. Traffic police have also been deployed at all city entry points to control movement and check all drivers reasons for entering the Russian capital during the lock down.
- There are now 10,131 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia to date and 76 deaths. Russia is expected to reach the peak of its coronavirus outbreak in 10-14 days. Veronika Skvortsova, the head of the Federal Biomedical Agency has predicted that the country’s number of infections will start to fall in early to mid-June.
- There have been 7,497 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 58 deaths. The country confirmed 1,154 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday, bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 7,497 and marking a new record one-day increase in infections. President Vladimir Putin has announced an extension of the nationwide “non-working week” until April 30 after the country registered a sharp increase in coronavirus cases on Thursday. Speaking in a televised address, he added that he would delegate the decisionmaking power on anti-coronavirus measures to regional authorities given the regional differences in infection rates.
- Russia has 771 new coronavirus infections on Thursday morning, bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 3,548 and marking a record one-day increase in infections. Thirty people in Russia have been killed by the virus.
- Cases have risen to 2,777, with 24 fatalities. Moscow authorities have developed a QR code system to allow residents to leave their homes as well as a smartphone app to monitor coronavirus patients’ movement in self-isolation, says the city’s IT chief.
- There have been 2,337 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 17 deaths.
- Cases in Russia have now risen to 1,836.
- Cases in Russia have risen to 1,534, with over 1,000 of these in Moscow. The capital is now in lockdown and the entire country has now closed all borders. Other cities are also considering a complete lockdown for residents, including Murmansk. The Russian Church has also advised worshippers to stay at home.
- Russia has confirmed 196 new Covid-19 infections on Thursday, bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 1,036. The total number of deaths has risen to four.
- Sberbank and VTB with backing from the Central Bank will launch a pilot business loan program that offers six-month, 0% interest loans to businesses to help them pay employee salaries during the coronavirus crisis.
- Cases in Russia have risen to 840. The country has now suspended all international flights and ordered the closure of all shops except for food and medical supplies.
- The number of cases in Russia has nearly tripled overnight to Wednesday 25th with a huge increase to 658. This is because Moscow changed the way it counts its coronavirus cases, with patients considered coronavirus-positive now upon a single positive test rather than having samples sent to a lab in Novosibirsk for further verification.
- Russia cases have risen to 495. The majority of these have occurred from Russians flying in from Europe. The country has now suspended flights incoming from most EU nations.
- Russia confirmed 71 new coronavirus infections today (Monday), bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 438.
- Russian cases leap to 367 by Sunday.
- Cases in Russia now rise to 199. The Russian government has announced a “high alert” status for all 85 of its regions, requiring the entire country to take anti-coronavirus measures including banning large gatherings, moving schools to online classes and encouraging working from home.
- First Covid-19 death reported, an elderly lady in Moscow with serious underlying existing illnesses.
A map of the current situation in Russia can be seen below, courtesy of the Moscow Times.
- The number of infections in Russia has seen a sizable increase to 147. Of these, 98 are in Moscow, 10 in St.Petersburg and the remainder single cases across the country.
- Cases rise in 114.
- Covid-19 cases rise to 93. Foreign nationals are barred from entering Russia until 1st May excepting diplomats and special cases – please check on latest restrictions before planning any travel. All major sporting events have been cancelled.
- Russia has now closed all its borders excepting those with Azerbaijan and Finland.
- Russia has closed its border with Belarus.
- 63 cases now confirmed with additional incidents in Kemorovo.
Russian Railways announced it would stop international passenger trains from Moscow to Berlin and Paris, in addition to suspending train connections to and from Ukraine, Moldova and Latvia.
- Russian cases rise to 59, closes its borders with Poland and Norway.
- Russian cases reported now up to 34. There are 18 cases in Moscow, with others in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Belgorod, Lipetsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Tyumen, Krasnodar and Chita
- About 100 Chinese students in Moscow will be deported from Russia because they violated their self-quarantine orders.
- Russia infections rise to 28, all had recently visited Italy.Russia will suspend most flights to and from Italy, Germany, France and Spain over the coronavirus outbreak, commencing from Friday 13th March, Russia’s coronavirus crisis center has said. Russia will also stop issuing tourist visas to Italian citizens to prevent further spreading of the virus until further notice.
- 1,000 people placed under quarantine after tracking movements of a returning, infected Russian from Italy. Moscow to build and have ready a US$135 million Covid-19 specific hospital on edge of Moscow.
- Moscow has banned large events of more than 5,000 people for the next month, until April 10th in a move to prevent the spread of the virus, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said in a decree. The ban applies to “sports, entertainment, public and other mass events.”
- 20 cases confirmed, latest all Russian citizens who recently returned from Italy. Moscow plans for city shut down “if required”, St. Petersburg students quarantined in dormitories.
- The annual St.Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) due to be held in June has been postponed until 2021 as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, the organisers Roscongress have confirmed.
- The Moscow City Mayor has issued a “High Alert” and stated that individuals, and employers employing individuals who have entered Russia from China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Germany & Spain must inform the authorities of their whereabouts and self quarantine for 14 days. It is understood that the UK, Switzerland, Norway and United States are about to be included on this list. Russian airlines who have sold tickets on these routes will offer full refunds for any cancellations.
The Moscow hotline for assistance with cases of suspected Covid-19 is +7 495 870 4509.
- An imported Coronvirus case has been reported, a returning Russian national in Moscow who had visited Italy.
- An interesting article about Facemask production and distribution in St.Petersburg from Fontanka here.
- Second Chinese patient recovers and is discharged from hospital in Chita. No additional cases reported.
- Seoul reports that the North Korean city of Sinuiju, close to the border with China has multiple deaths, and that infections in North Korea could escalate. The North Korean border with Russia has been closed.
- China Factory re-opening schedule, map of national dates here. Russian businesses needing updates or assistance on the situation in China may email us at email@example.com
Many businesses in Asia are running out of supplies from China due to the problems. Russian businesses with Chinese suppliers need to know when China factories will return to work. Some factories return next Monday, 9th February, others are still in lock down. If you need clarifications on the factory opening situation in China, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will liaise with our China colleagues to obtain answers.
Sourcing and supply manufacturers in China may not be able to meet delivery schedules to Russia. This could mean Force Majeure clauses need to be implemented. Our article Coronavirus In China: Applicability Of Force Majeure provides advise and protocols to follow.
- Russia working with China to develop vaccine, screening of passengers stepped up at airports.
- Sochi Investment Forum, due to be held in March, has been postponed.
- Country to deport all foreign nationals found with Coronavirus.
- Russia closes complete border with China, suspends all rail services except direct Moscow-Beijing Trans-Siberian route.
- Two patients are coronavirus positive in the Baikal and Tyumen regions.
- Russia has barred Chinese tour groups from entering the country.
- Far East Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea have closed their borders with China.
Russia Briefing is written by Dezan Shira & Associates. The firm has 28 offices throughout Eurasia, including China, Russia, India, and the ASEAN nations, assisting foreign investors into the Eurasian region. Through our membership of the Leading Edge Alliance, we also have partner firms throughout Africa and have numerous Russian and African clients. For enquiries please contact us at email@example.com or visit us at www.dezshira.com