Russia & Coronavirus: Business Updates
Россия и Коронавирус: Бизнес Обновления
Last updated February 13.
To date there have been two reported cases of the Coronavirus in Russia, with these patients both hospitalized and quarantined. Russia has also closed its border with China for the time being. We will bring you updates as necessary should the situation develop. For Russia-Asia business investment news please return to our Russia Briefing homepage
China Coronavirus Updates
Russian businesses with operations in China should follow our China coronavirus advisory here
Asia Coronavirus Updates
Russian businesses with operations in Asia should follow our Asia coronavirus advisory here
Complimentary Business Subscription
To subscribe to our Russia and other Asia Briefing services, free of charge, please click here
Current Russia Coronavirus Updates
- An interesting article about Facemask production and distribution in St.Petersburg from Fontanka here.
- Second Chinese patient recovers and is discharged from hospital in Chita. No additional cases reported.
- Seoul reports that the North Korean city of Sinuiju, close to the border with China has multiple deaths, and that infections in North Korea could escalate. The North Korean border with Russia has been closed.
- China Factory re-opening schedule, map of national dates here. Russian businesses needing updates or assistance on the situation in China may email us at email@example.com
Many businesses in Asia are running out of supplies from China due to the problems. Russian businesses with Chinese suppliers need to know when China factories will return to work. Some factories return next Monday, 9th February, others are still in lock down. If you need clarifications on the factory opening situation in China, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will liaise with our China colleagues to obtain answers.
Sourcing and supply manufacturers in China may not be able to meet delivery schedules to Russia. This could mean Force Majeure clauses need to be implemented. Our article Coronavirus In China: Applicability Of Force Majeure provides advise and protocols to follow.
- Russia working with China to develop vaccine, screening of passengers stepped up at airports.
- Sochi Investment Forum, due to be held in March, has been postponed.
- Country to deport all foreign nationals found with Coronavirus.
- Russia closes complete border with China, suspends all rail services except direct Moscow-Beijing Trans-Siberian route.
- Two patients are coronavirus positive in the Baikal and Tyumen regions.
- Russia has barred Chinese tour groups from entering the country.
- Far East Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea have closed their borders with China.
Russia Briefing is written by Dezan Shira & Associates. The firm has 28 offices throughout Eurasia, including China, Russia, India, and the ASEAN nations, assisting foreign investors into the Eurasian region. Through our membership of the Leading Edge Alliance, we also have partner firms throughout Africa and have numerous Russian and African clients. For enquiries please contact us at email@example.com or visit us at www.dezshira.com