Latest News

Showing 10 of 498 articles
  • by

    Russia to Establish National Accreditation System under EU Standard

    Sept. 14 – The uniform national accreditation system proposed by Russia’s Ministry of Economic Development and Trade (MERD) was approved by the cabinet last week, the Kommersant reports. During the cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin noted that the new system will allow Russia to generate a network of independent test centers “with flawless professional[…..]

  • by

    State’s Role in Russian Economy Reaches ‘Critical Limit’

    Sept. 13 – Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Sobyanin has said the state’s role in the Russian economy has reached a “critical limit” and should not increase. “The size of the state’s stake in the economy has reached a critical limit, which would be dangerous to exceed. Every second employee occupied in the economy works in[…..]

  • by

    Russia’s Yandex to Start Online Bank Services Search

    Sept. 9 – Yandex, Russia’s most used search engine, started offering a bank services search yesterday. The new service allows internet users to find the most comprehensive banks, Russian daily Vedomosti reports. “The service allows users to find deposits with the greatest interest rates, as well as consumer loans and mortgages with optimum conditions for[…..]

  • by

    Canada’s Kinross to Buy Gold and Silver Deposits in Chukotka

    Sept. 8 – Canada’s Kinross Gold Corporation has purchased one of Russia’s largest gold and silver ore deposits in the Chukotka region of the Russian Far East, company press release stated. Kinross plans to process ore from the Dvoinoye deposit at the existing Kupol mill, pursuant to an ore purchase agreement with Kinross’ 75 percent[…..]

  • by

    US$1,650 Required to Start Small Business in Russia

    Sept. 6 – The average salary of a Russian citizen is around US$500 per month, the Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM) has tallied. A third of the residents surveyed made an average monthly income of around US$200 to US$330 per family member, while 21 percent earned US$330 to US$650, and only 8 percent of[…..]

  • by

    Coca-Cola Announces Acquisition of Russia’s Nidan Soki

    Sept. 3 – The Coca-Cola Company said yesterday it has purchased one of Russia’s biggest juice-makers, Nidan Soki, as part of its plans to expand in the fast-growing market. The world’s largest soft-drink maker bought a 75 percent stake in Nidan from London-based private-equity company Lion Capital, with the remaining 25 percent held by Nidan’s[…..]

  • by

    IFC May Invest US$1.2 Billion in Russia

    Sept. 1 – The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector financing arm of the World Bank Group, may invest US$1.1 billion to US$1.2 billion in the Russian economy in the current fiscal year which has begun July, 2010, IFC Vice President for Global Industries Jyrki Koskelo said in an interview with the Russian News[…..]

  • by

    Russia Finished Last Week at the Top of the BRIC

    Aug. 30 – Russia and CIS-focused funds saw higher inflows than other BRIC countries, data from Emerging Portfolio Fund Research showed yesterday. Russia funds saw inflows of US$80 million in the week to August 23, after reporting US$77 million in outflows the previous week.

  • by

    Russia to Simplify Customs Process for Fish and Bioresources

    Aug. 27 – The customs registration for all fish and bioresources caught by Russian vessels in all fishing territories including the Far East will be canceled, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin promised during a meeting in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatky. “It is unfair, when someone who is fishing in customs territory of the Russian Federation has to pay a[…..]

  • by

    Russia to Build Uranium Enrichment Plant in U.S.

    Aug. 26 – Moscow is in negotiations with Washington over building a uranium enrichment plant on U.S. territory, the chief executive of Russia’s atomic state-run corporation Rosatom said in an interview with the Financial Times on Wednesday. According to Sergei Kirienko, the project would start only after the U.S. Congress approved Agreement No. 123 on[…..]

Showing 10 of 498 articles